Position: Research Scientist I (2 positions)
Term: 1-year contract to be converted to full time
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Start date: June 2019 – May 2020 (flexible)
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
How to apply: Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
About Empirica Therapeutics
Empirica Therapeutics is developing a pipeline of innovative and transformative immunotherapies for cancers of high unmet need. Founded by Dr. Sheila Singh, a world-renowned neurosurgeon-scientist, and Dr. Jason Moffat, an international expert in functional genomics and gene-editing platforms, the company’s expertise and competitive advantage lies in its unique ability to develop candidates against the most aggressive and treatment-resistant forms of cancers, including glioblastoma (GBM) and brain metastasis (BM).
We are a fast-paced, dynamic and patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career. We are looking for employees who are passionate, adaptable, creative and have a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design and develop strategies for novel T cell therapies
- Plan and execute in vitro functional assays with human T cells
- Create novel constructs for evaluating cellular therapy products for hard to treat solid cancer indications
- Maintain accurate records of research, and deliver scientific presentations and reports for internal meetings
- Manage external resources (CRO and academic collaborations)
- Integrate new ideas to support the company pipeline
- Willing to wear many hats as is expected in a startup environment
- Ph.D. in the field of Immunology, molecular biology, or related field with 0 – 3 years of experience in immuno-oncology
- Experience in T cell engineering, such as CAR-T or transgenic TCR T cells
- Expertise in the characterization, culture, expansion and manipulation of T cells
- Functional assays to measure cytokine release, proliferation and killing
- Genetic manipulation using CRISPRs, TALENs, or ZFNs in mammalian cells
- Lentiviral vector design and cloning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact us.